Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Screwtape Letters

Hey dad...we are reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis in our Lifegroup and as I was reading for this week I thought of you and decided to share this little excerpt from the book...
Screwtape's letter to Wormwood his Nephew:
Do not be deceived, Wormwood. Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do as our Enemy's will (God being the enemy), looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys.
But of course the troughs (being the dull or dry times of our spiritual walk...the deserts) afford opportunities to our side also. Next week I will give you some hints on how to exploit them,
Your affectionate uncle
Screwtape

I love this book...it has generated the best discussions in our group...it take you deep and wide...it really shakes your brain...

I wish you were here to mull it over with me...

I love you


ME

No comments: